We blogged almost every single initiatives from the San Francisco based hotshot Viceroy, bourgeois Austen Afridi. We came to a point where we didn’t think that that was enough, so we booked him for our thursdays club Fokky at Rust in Copenhagen. Which is in fact tonight, so if you’re in town – join us. In the occasion of that we got ourselves a short interview our favourite idol. Facebook event.
1. Hi man, we’ve been digging your stuff since you started out getting the blog attention. How does it feel having fans all over the world knowing you from only music that have been posted on the web?
It’s pretty awesome man. The power of the internet and social media are not to be taken for granted. Blogs are bigger than ever and I’m a case in point that you don’t need a record label to be successful.
2. How was the transformation from being college student to world famous dj?
Haha I wouldn’t say I’m at the level of a “world famous DJ”, but Im working to get there. Either way its been pretty surreal to see where my career and music has taken me.
3. What have been your ideal gigs of all time in the spirit of summertime?
Pool parties! Gotta love them!
4. What’s the recipe of a Viceroy track and where do you get inspiration?
A fusion of pop and disco. The two work very well together. I think of it this way: throw out a bigger net and you’ll catch a lot more.
5. Is it your first time in Denmark and what are your expectations?
Yes it’s my first time and I expect to have a blast! I’ve heard nothing but good things!
6. What are your future goals?
I want to just keep grinding and see where things go. I don’t have too many serious future goals because I don’t know exactly where I want to go with this project yet.